- Update the Bank when you change your contact details. This will enable us to contact you in a timely manner if we detect unusual transactions.
- Check all your SMS transaction alerts in a timely manner and login to online banking regularly to check your account balances and statements of account on a regular basis, at least once a week and view your account balances and statements to detect any unauthorised transaction, error or discrepancy and if there are any, report it to the Bank immediately
- Always log out when you have completed your banking transaction
- Ensure that you do not disclose your internet banking user ID, password and passcode to any person, via unsolicited emails or on any website other than the official website of the Bank
- Take reasonable steps to keep your security device secure at all times
- Report a breach, or a suspected breach of the passcode generated by the security device or the loss of a security device to us as soon as reasonably practicable, once you are aware of the breach, suspected breach or loss
Transactions - Fraud prevention
Whilst the Bank will take the necessary preventive measures to minimise the threat of fraud, please continuously monitor your account and take precautions to ensure that all transactions are authorised.
Note: Examples of transactions:
- Bill payment via Current Account-i/ Savings Account-i (Debit Card-i) or Credit Card-i
- Recurring direct debits via MEPs direct debit or Autopay-in arrangements
- Purchases made online from your Debit Card-i or Credit Card-i
Complaint management process
At HSBC Amanah, we are committed to giving you our best every time. Your feedback and suggestions about our products and services make it possible for us to serve you better.
We maintain strict security standards and procedures with a view to ensure safe operations when you use this Internet Site for the online banking services offered. We use leading technologies such as (but not limited to) 128 Bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) data encryption, fire walls and server authentication to protect the security of your data. You will only be allowed to sign in with your Personal Banking Number and password.
Confidentiality of personal data
Customers' personal data are classified as confidential and can only be disclosed by us where permitted by any law, regulations and guidelines on privacy policies in force or otherwise legally compelled to do so. Personal data will be protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing or erasure.
Please also read our Disclaimer, Internet Privacy Statement for more information.
All practical steps will be taken to ensure that personal data are accurate and will not be kept longer than necessary or will be destroyed in accordance with the internal retention period.
If at any time you wish to inform us that any information that we hold is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please inform us in writing delivered by post or by hand or where communications with us are facilitated by the Internet Site, by completing the relevant screens (such as the Update Personal Details screen), and we will take all reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Transparency of products and services
We will endeavour to ensure that descriptions and details of our products and services shall not be misleading or false.
However, other than material variation to our terms and conditions for "online@hsbcamanah" such as the imposition of or increase in charges and the increase in customer's liability for losses for which advance notice will be given, the content and services found on our Internet Site may change at any time without notice.
Reliable and quality service
HSBC Amanah Malaysia Berhad is committed to providing reliable and quality services at all times. We ensure that all staff involved in providing the "online@hsbcamanah" services have the necessary expertise and skills required of them and that we have sufficient resources to run and support "online@hsbcamanah" and address any related security and privacy concerns that our customers may have.
Prompt response to enquiries and complaints
We are committed to providing the highest level of service to you. However, we welcome any enquiries, feedback and complaints as they will help us identify any weaknesses in the services we provide and/or the systems we have and thus help us work towards improving our said services and / or systems.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that all customer enquiries, feedback and complaints are dealt with efficiently. If you have any comments, concerns or complaints, you may write to us by post or by hand.
If you leave your on-line system idle for more than 10 minutes, your "online@hsbcamanah" sessions will be automatically terminated to prevent unauthorised access.
You play a significant role in your own security. You should therefore, keep two pieces of key data confidential at all times your Internet Banking ID and password. Please refer to our Internet Banking FAQs and/or Clause 5 of our Terms and Conditions for "online@hsbcamanah" for further details on how to ensure that your account with "online@hsbcamanah" is secure.
You may contact us in writing and delivered by post or by hand and addressed to:
Manager Public Affairs
HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad
10th Floor, North Tower
2 Leboh Ampang
50100 Kuala Lumpur
send us an email via our contact us page or a secured email if you have registered for "online@hsbcamanah".
Terms and conditions
HSBC Amanah Malaysia Berhad (English)
Effective Date (Latest version):
- 4 December 2019
Effective date (Previous version):
- 30 October 2019 for all new customers of HSBC Amanah
- 20 November 2019 for all existing customers of HSBC Amanah as at 30 October 2019
HSBC Amanah Malaysia Berhad (Malay)
Tarikh Berkuatkuasa (Versi Terkini):
- 4 December 2019
Tarikh Berkuatkuasa (Versi Sebelum):
- 30 Oktober 2019 bagi pelanggan-pelanggan baru HSBC Amanah
- 20 November 2019 bagi pelanggan-pelanggan sedia ada HSBC Amanah setakat 30 Oktober 2019