Your credit card-i is as good as cash. Be careful about how and when you use your credit card-i(s). You need to protect it.
Here are some tips to maximize credit card-i security and minimize your risk.
When You Receive Your Card
- In the event the sealed package containing your new/renewed/replacement credit card-i is compromised, please contact our Customer Service immediately at 1300-80-2626/603-8321-5200.
- Upon receiving your new/renewed/replacement credit card-i, please sign your card immediately, using non-erasable ball-point pen.
- Remember, your credit card-i is as good as cash. Please ensure the credit card-i is with you at all material times.
- Do not let anyone else use your credit card-i. Your credit card-i should be used exclusively by you.
- Should you not require your new/renewed/replacement credit card-i, please ensure you mutilate the magnetic stripe and chip by cutting the card and chip into halves before returning it back to the Bank.
When You Receive Your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- In the event the sealed PIN envelope is compromised, please contact our Customer Service immediately at 1300-80-2626/603-8321-5200.
- Memorise your Personal Identification Number (PIN) immediately and destroy the PIN advice.
- It is advisable to go to the nearest HSBC Amanah branch to change your PIN and do not use sequential numbers, series of the same numbers and obvious numbers, such as your telephone number, ID number, date of birth, driving licence, passport or other easily accessible personal information as your PIN.
- Change your PIN regularly for precaution.
- You must not write your PIN on the credit card-i.
- Do not keep your credit card-i together or in close proximity with the PIN advice or any paper/document stating your PIN.
- Ensure that no one is observing you when you are keying in your PIN while you are accessing our Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS), logging on to the HSBC Amanah on-line banking services, using the ATM or any other electronic payment terminals.
- You must not disclose the PIN to any person, including any employee of the Bank.
- You must not allow anyone to have access to your PIN.
- Check to ensure that 2 sales slips are printed for each transaction. The ‘PIN Verification Success’ sales slip will be kept by the merchant and a copy is given to the cardholder.
- Upon receiving sales slips, you must ensure that your name, credit card-i number and amount transacted are in order/ accurate.
- Ensure your credit card-i and not someone else’s, is returned to you after a purchase using your credit card-i.
- Make sure your credit card-i is returned to you promptly after a purchase.
- Keep the customer copy of your sales slips for future reference.
- Do not disclose your credit card-i information to unknown persons or third party over the phone.
- On calls received or made on credit card-i matters, please ensure that you record the particulars of the caller, date and time of call. You may receive a phone call from HSBC Amanah after making a credit card-i purchase and this is done to ensure that the transaction is made/authorised by you.
- Access to secured merchant browser via HSBC Amanah’s Secure Pay for extra security and peace of mind when you shop online.
- Check the merchant reference.
- Manage your password carefully.
- Do not send credit card-i details via e-mail.
- Keep transaction records including Uniform Resource Locator (URL).
At the ATM
- Make sure no one observes you keying in the PIN.
- Remember to take your credit card-i from the ATM machine after use.
- Make sure that there are no foreign devices attached to the ATM machine before using the machine.
When You Receive Your Statements
- Check copies of your sales slips against your monthly credit card-i statements.
- If you have any problems or queries, call our Customer Service at 1300-80-2626/603-8321-5200
- Any disputed transaction must be reported to the Bank within 60 days from your monthly credit card-i statement date.
If You Lose Your Credit card-i
- Thieves take advantage of busy public places. Jackets on chairs and handbags on the floor in restaurants are special targets. Crowded places such as cinemas, shopping malls and LRT stations are also high risk. Even in the privacy of your home or office, a card unattended is at risk of being stolen.
- Losing your card is inconvenient, cost money and time to replace. Once lost, you have to worry of unauthorised usage. Therefore, take the extra care to avoid this from happening to you.
- Report the loss immediately to avoid any unauthorised usage of your credit card-i, the PIN may have been compromised, upon receiving short message service (SMS) transaction alert if the transaction was unauhorised or when there’s any change to your contact number.
- Check your credit card-i(s) statement and report any discrepancy without undue delay.
- If your credit card-i is lost or stolen or there are unauthorised transactions requiring PIN or signature or use of contactless card charged to credit card-i, you must: (i) inform the Bank immediately; (ii) lodge a police report; and (iii) thereafter notify the Bank in writing with a copy of police report. You are not required to pay the disputed card transactions pending completion of the Bank’s investigation. You shall not be liable for the disputed card transaction unless if it is found that you have acted fraudulently or have delayed in notifying the Bank as soon as reasonably practicable after having discovered the loss/theft of the credit card-i(s) or of the unauthorised transaction(s) on the credit card-i(s) or voluntarily disclosed the PIN or allowed another person to use the credit card-i or recorded the PIN and kept it in close proximity with the credit card-i which could be lost or stolen together with the credit card-i or left the credit card-i unattended, in places visible and accessible to others.
Important Points to Note
- If your credit card-i/PIN has been lost /stolen/ compromised or if your PIN has been disclosed to a third party, please report immediately by calling our 24 hours hotline at 1300-88-9393/603-8321-5222.
- You are advised to logon direct to HSBC Amanah website at www.hsbcamanah.com.my and not through any other URL link addresses. Please do not divulge your personal information and credit card-i details through any other URL link addresses. HSBC Amanah website is secured with "PADLOCK" at the top right hand corner.
- We maintain strict security standards and procedures to prevent unauthorised access to information about you. HSBC Amanah will never contact you by e-mail or otherwise to ask you to validate personal information such as your user ID, password or account numbers. If you receive such a request, please contact our 24 hours hotline at 1300-88-9393/603-8321-5222.
- You are required to update the Bank promptly with your latest home or business address or telephone number.