Table of contents
- What is HomeSmart-i?
- What are the benefits of HomeSmart-i?
- What is the minimum and maximum financing tenure?
- What is the lease rental rate?
- What is the minimum and maximum financing amount?
- What fees and charges do I have to pay?
- Can customers prepay or redraw from the facility?
- Can customers make early settlement?
- How to apply?
- What are the documents required?
- How can I work out the estimated instalment amount?
- How much can I apply for?
- Can I apply for a top-up, or cash out facility, for personal use?
- If I have a property that is not charged to any bank, can I charge it to your bank for personal use?
What is HomeSmart-i?
HomeSmart-i is revolving home financing facility with a straightline payment schedule that is flexible and offers potentially higher savings.
It is for financing new properties (under construction or completed), subsale and refinancing.
What are the benefits of HomeSmart-i?
HomeSmart-i allows customers to deposit more than the actual instalment amount and to withdraw the excess payments, so long as it is within the facility term and limit. Lease rental is calculated on the outstanding facility amount, so if customers prepay more than their instalment, the lease rental charged is lower.
What is the minimum and maximum financing tenure?
The minimum financing tenure is 6 years or at least double the lock-in period. The maximum tenure is 35 years or up to 70 years old, whichever is earlier and is subject to the bank's discretion.
What is the lease rental rate?
The HomeSmart-i lease rental rate is pegged to the Base Rate (BR) with a spread.
What is the minimum and maximum financing amount?
The financing amounts are from RM50,000 to RM5,000,000.
What fees and charges do I have to pay?
- Stamp duty
As per the Stamp Act 1949 (Revised 1989).
- Legal fees and disbursements fees
- Legal fees (and applicable tax, if any).
- Disbursements including fees for registration of charge and other related charges.
- Monthly service fee
Monthly fee of RM10 (and applicable tax, if any) for term of the financing.
- Additional rental charge
Additional rental charge of RM4,000 will be charged per month if the average outstanding balance for that month is less than 50% of the facility limit. This additional rental charge shall only be imposed for 5 years after full disbursement of the facility.
Can customers prepay or redraw from the facility?
HomeSmart-i allows customers to prepay and redraw the prepayments at any time. The redrawal amount depends on the available HomeSmart facility limit and tenure. Customers do not need to give notice to prepay or redraw, and there are no charges for redrawal.
The HomeSmart-i account comes with a chequebook and ATM card and be accessed online and via phone banking.
Can customers make early settlement?
Customers can make early settlement and redeem the financing by giving the bank 1 month's written notice. If the financing is within the lock-in period, there will be early settlement charges.
How to apply?
Through our website, the contact centre or the nearest HSBC Amanah or HSBC Bank branches.
What are the documents required?
- A photocopy of your identity card or passport
- Latest 3 months' salary slips
- Latest income tax return form (Form B/BE) or EA form or latest EPF(Employees Provident Fund) statement dated within last 12 months
- If new salaried employees (at least 3 months in service), Letter of Appointment or Confirmation letter from employer stating salary/allowances
- Sale and Purchase Agreement/deposit or booking receipt/letter of offer from the housing developer
- A photocopy of the land title (if any)
- The latest bank statements dating back 6 months (compulsory in the absence of salary slips and/or EA Form) showing salary/payment credited to the account
- For self-employed, to provide business registration documents, latest 6 months bank statements, latest financial statements and other supporting documents.
How can I work out the estimated instalment amount?
From our sales personnel.
How much can I apply for?
The maximum margin of financing is 90% of the current market value/net purchase price, whichever is lower and is subject to credit evaluation by the Bank.
Can I apply for a top-up, or cash out facility, for personal use?
Existing home financing customers with who have a good 12-month payment track record may apply for the HomeSmart-i Reserve for a top-up or cash out facility. The amounts are from RM20,000 to RM2,000,000. The maximum margin of financing is 90% of the current market value and is subject to credit evaluation by the Bank.
If I have a property that is not charged to any bank, can I charge it to your bank for personal use?
Yes, you may apply for our HomeSmart-i Advantage which is only for completed and unencumbered properties. The amounts are RM50,000 to RM2,00,000. The maximum margin of financing is 90% of the current market value and is subject to credit evaluation by the Bank.