3 steps to opening a new bank account online with us
- ApplyComplete a simple 5-step application form and receive a confirmation email within 10 minutes.
- AuthenticateConfirm your identity at our branch service counters or at the Self-Service Machines which are available 24/7 at selected branches in Klang Valley. Please bring your MyKad along for authentication purpose.
- ActivateYour debit card-i will be sent by post or you may request it at any HSBC/HSBC Amanah branch. Then, activate your debit card-i and register for online banking to enjoy banking on the go.
To get started, let's find the right accounts for you
Everyday Global Account-i
- Open in Ringgit Malaysia and access 10 additional foreign currencies in one account*
- Enjoy convenient 24/7 currency conversions with real-time exchange rates via online and mobile banking*
- Make foreign currency purchases and cash withdrawals overseas from your account directly with your HSBC Amanah Everyday Global Visa Debit Card-i
Based on shariah principle of Qard and Bai' Al Sarf.
Premier Everyday Global Account-i
- Get your family* recognised as an HSBC Amanah Premier customer worldwide
- Open an overseas account* while you are in Malaysia & make fee-free, instantaneous global money transfer*
- We are ready to assist all levels of investors to achieve your financial goals with our Wealth Specialist and services
Based on shariah principle of Qard.
Total Relationship Balance of RM200,000 or more.
Tips to complete your online application form
1. You must not have any existing banking relationships with HSBC/HSBC Amanah to be eligible for online account opening.
If you are an existing HSBC/HSBC Amanah customer, please visit your nearest branch to assist you with account opening.
2. It's a paperless application. All you need is to have your details below at hand to complete the form within minutes.
- Personal details (e.g. MyKad number, current and previous residential addresses)
- Employment details (e.g. business address)
Using Your Account
Tips to completing biometric verification at Self-Service Machines
Self-Service Machines are available in the self-service lobby at branches below:
- HSBC Amanah Bangsar
- HSBC Amanah Cheras South
- HSBC Amanah Kota Damansara
- HSBC Amanah Maluri
- HSBC Amanah Wangsa Maju
- HSBC Kepong
- HSBC KL Main
- HSBC Klang
- HSBC Petaling Jaya
- HSBC Subang Jaya
Steps to complete identity verification at Self-Service Machine
Click here to find out the next steps should you encounter issues during biometric verification at Self-Service Machines.
Things you should know
Frequently asked questions
1For HSBC Amanah Premier or HSBC Amanah Advance customers only. Subject to destination country's local regulation and HSBC internal policy requirement. HSBC Amanah Premier customers enjoy zero transfer fees. HSBC Amanah Advance customers will be charged USD7 (debit foreign currency account) or RM22 (debit Ringgit Malaysia account) per transaction. Instant foreign currency to foreign currency exchange transfer is available 24 hours 7 days. Transfer involving Ringgit Malaysia is from Monday to Friday 9.30am to 3pm. If you perform any transfer outside those hours, the actual amount to be debited will be based on the next business day's exchange rate.